Sunday, June 1, 2008

Do you have any good policy on students' cell phone in your school?

Nowadays most of students have a cell phone. Some say they need one to contact their parents after school and some say they have a cell phone just because most of other students have one. The problem is that many students use their cell phone during classes, sending texts and playing games. I think we should have some kind of regulations on cell phones in school. Do you have any good policy on students' cell phone in your school?

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Jason,
I know that cell phones are a serious issue for teachers in Korea. I think that a good way to deal with the phone problem is a genteral school policy, like you suggested. That way, every teacher and every student knows what to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
Last year, I made it a rule to collect the students' cellphone in the morning and return it to them after school. All the students in my class agreed to the rule. But it was not easy job. I'm very sorry for the parents who are too poor to pay their children's shool tuition but they have to pay the cell phone charge. Some students have a part-time job just to buy cell phone. We need to educate the students to use cell phone properly. I think the most important thing is to change the students' way of thinking.

hanah said...

Thanks for the great help yesterday. I really like the idea of Stella.

Robert said...

Hello, Jason
I feel grateful for a variety of things. In modern society, cell phone already became a very indispensible tool to communicate with each other. I will be harder to take them by force during. Instead I think we have to teach students how to use them very usefully or how to be moderate. And we have to teach public etiquettes about using cell phone

jaejoon said...

Hi Gentle Jason,
Definitely, Using cell phone should be banned during class. During break time, they can use it because it is a kind of their own property. Actually, it is never easy to control the use of cellphones but we shouldn't violate students' rights. Instead, we should teach them how to use it and how to behave in public.

Donna said...

It's our school regulation not to bring cell phone to school. Or else, teachers take students' phone as soon as they see students' using phone and once teacher confiscate phone, they get it back a month later. Since many students directly go to the institute after school, some homeroom teachers collect student's cell phone and give them back when school finishes. In my opinion, students need some kind of restriction that will naturally become a habit later on instead of just let them control themselves.