Monday, May 19, 2008

What can I do?


My son asked me to buy him a 'Sudden Attack Computer Game' CD. He said that most of his classmates play the game and he has to participate in the game to make friends with them. I understand what my son says. But I think that the game is too cruel for the elementary school students to play. What can I do?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Jason,
In case you don't have it, this is the address for the mother blog; http://www.nicolesconversationclasses.blogspot.com

Your question is a tough one. I think a lot of parents are facing this problem these days. When I was a child, I suffered quite a lot because my parents wouldn't allow some trendy things in the house but now I'm not a victim of consumerism so I think that they did the right thing. I think that the difficulties also made me a stronger person. Good luck with your problem.

Amanda said...

Hi Jason,
Thank you for your supportive comment to my question.

As Nicole wrote, your quesion seems to be quite difficult. I know the game is really popular even among middle school students. If I were you, I might try to persuade him. I heard that kind of computer game is very addictive and it could harm childens' physical and mental health. Why don't you get him another, alternative gift?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason,
I understand your worry. But I think you'd better buy him it. I really dont like to buy my kids computer games. Several months ago, my son wanted to have "Nintendo", so I bought it for him. When I gained a doll which I really wanted to have in my childhood, I was really happy. I can't forget the happiness. After buying it, how about making a rule with your son? In my case, I permit him to play it during only weekends. During weekdays, I keep it in my secret place. Is it an godd idea, isn't it? We'd better try to understand our kids' world.